Her Biggest Fear?!

My 2 year old is afraid of few things. No problem with heights, or speed, or falling for that matter. She gets that from me. She doesn't fear strangers, not even elderly people at the nursing home. She gave a total stranger in a wheel chair a big hug once. She's not really afraid of anything that most 2 years old are afraid of, but today I discovered one of her fears.

Dryer lint.

Yes, you read it correctly, dryer lint.

I emptied the dryer this morning, and I guess some of the lint trailed behind me and landed on my recliner as I was folding clothes. When I was done, I got up to leave and heard Ella scream and run. I came back and a "lint creature" was sitting on the recliner, and she was FREAKED OUT ABOUT IT! Brian who was sitting in the office, heard her yell and asked me if she fell and hurt herself. It took me a minute to figure out she was afraid of the lint. When I picked it up to throw it away, she backed up, wide-eyed and cautious.

My kid, afraid of lint. Sheesh.

Comments

Stephanie said…
That is too funny!
Ms. Tinkerbelle said…
That is totally awesome!!! I wonder if we could make some dryer creatures , put googly eyes on them and spray them with shelac to save them for all eternity and leave them around in weird places for Ella to find? Nah, that's cruel but that could be a fun project...kinda gross...but fun.