The Five Senses

Today, while reading a magazine, Sheila said she read something interesting:

For good mental health, its important to find something enjoyable to all 5 senses and take time to stop and enjoy them and recognize them. Find something that smells good and really take time and enjoy it, and so on with all the senses. I thought about this alot after Ella and I made a mad-dash for the car from the grocery store while it was pouring down rain.

Here are my favorite enjoyed "sense" moments:

1. Sight - One of my favorite sights is to watch Ella sleeping. She is so peaceful and snuggly in her bed. It makes everything seem ok and right with the world.

2. Sound - I heard Ella giggling and laughing as we ran to the car through the rain, and everyone else sat under the awning waiting for the rain to settle down. I didn't want to wait and I thought Ella should know what it's like to run through the rain at some point -- so we did. I am so glad we did too. Hearing her laugh and giggle and being with her during her first "run through the rain" was something I'll never forget.

3. Touch - I love when Ella puts both of her hands on my cheeks, looks me straight in the eye and tells me, "You're Beautiful, Mommy." It took me 29 years to actual believe that when someone told me. And she just sits there and rubs my cheeks with her hands.

4. Smell - I love the smell of Ella when we just get out of the shower and I put lotion on her. She is a big girl, but just for a while, she smells like my babygirl.

5. Taste - Ella loves yogurt. I love to kiss on her after she eats strawberry yogurt. She's so sweet.

It's almost like I didn't live before 2 1/2 years ago. Not with all my senses anyway.

Comments

adfende said…
Man o Man...do you know how to make a Moma cry... Please make a copy of this and keep it for Ella. She will so appreciate it a little later. As for me, I have already made a copy and put it in my Bible where I keep all things sacred to me... I love you...
Heather said…
Awww...this is so sweet. I can't wait to be a mommy! You make it look so easy (which I know full well it's not)!
Kahla said…
Isn't it amazing that someone who has been with us for such a short time, can change so many things?!?!

Hope you are feeling better!