October 16th

October 16th, 2007.
That is the day that my Dr. and I scheduled for my 2nd born's birthday. Amazing that you can pull out your calendar and have your swanky Doc pull out her BLACKBERRY and PLAN your own child's birthday.

But, don't think me a fool. I have never been one (especially since having my first child) to believe that "all goes according to plan." If having a child has taught me anything it is that the more control you try to achieve, the less you realize you have. I have especially learned this about toddler bowel movements.

Someone asked me if I was worried I would go into labor early. And in fact, I hadn't thought about that. Ella never dropped, I never dialated and I never felt labor pain with my first pregnancy. My fear is that I'll go into labor and not realize it or act too late and my "Planned C-Section" will turn into a "Emergency C-Section." I don't like putting the word "emergency" in front of anything that involves kids. Especially my kids.

Please pray that this does not happen.

And pray for my husband to find a NICE name that we all -- most importantly-- Baby Pumpkin can live with. :)

Comments

Heather said…
I'm sure everything will go as planned. Yay! How exciting! I like the name Callie, by the way...just throwing them out there for Brian's help! :)