Today I Got The Pink Slip

No, not the one you are thinking.

The pink "slip" of material that the nurse gives you after taking your weight and blood pressure, and before the Dr. comes in. If you are female and over the age of 18, you know what I am talking about.

The pink slip is the unspoken request for you to strip from the waist down, cause you are about to be violated.

Well, until today. I went for my 36-week visit, and after chit chatting with the nurse -- I had expected, and got, the pink slip. Guh. I know -- there are less than 3 weeks until my baby comes, but I am not (nor should anyone be) ready to be examined in my pelvic region. Regardless, a gal's gotta do what a gal's gotta do. So, I stripped and sat with that stupid-answer to-all-women's-modesty drapped across my legs and tucked under on the sides.

The beauty of TODAY's visit is that the nurse-practitioner came in and asked me if I wanted the exam.

HA HA HA! Do I want a pelvic exam?!

"Well," she said " if you haven't had any contractions, and since you are having a C-Section, I don't really see the need for one." (And no need for that lovely Strep Test that comes at this time, either.) If you don't know about that, I won't ruin the surprise for you -- just another one of those fun things that prepares you for all the uncomfortable, uncontrollable moments of motherhood to come. :)

So, today was a lovely end to my 2 weeks visits, and the beginning of my never-ending appreciation for Sue Cote', my nurse practitioner.

On to my 1 week visits.

Comments

UGH! I hate that slip....is it pink in every office? Why do we even try to tuck it in on the sides...it never covers enough!