Window of Mercy

Ella received a small "window of mercy" on Halloween night. She wasn't completely restored from her virus, but she was feeling good enough to trick or treat around Grammie and
Grumpie's neighborhood. My favorite moment from last night is when Ella, with pumpkin bucket in one hand and fairy wand in the other, approached her very first house. The people giving out candy asked her how old she was. So, she turned to me and said "here," while handing me her pumpkin bucket. Then said "here," again as she handed me her fairy wand. Then she proudly held up her "2" that she had been working so hard to perfect for the past couple of weeks. I am so proud of the fact that she never freezes when people ask her questions and she seems to always be friendly to everyone. (I wonder where she gets that from?!)
After her brief, but successful candy haul, we returned to Grammie's house where Ella was "MAGIC ELLA" and waved her fairy wand around in dramatic fashion until it was time to go home. Unfortunately for us, at 4 this morning she had a fever again. I called the Dr., went to Walgreens and got her some medicine and took her back to see the Dr. today. FOILED AGAIN! Double ear infections.

The good news is now we know what it is and we have medicine to make it better. We have been very blessed that Ainslie hasn't gotten sick and she seemed to really enjoy her first Halloween. Even though all she did was sleep on Aunt Mysti all night. :)

Comments

Stephanie said…
Looks like yall had fun! When I first read your header I thought is said Widow - and I thought what happened with a spider. Yeah it is late.....
Heather said…
That's precious, I wish I could have seen her! My kid's probably just going to pee on himself when someone asks him a question!