Weekend Warrior!

So, this was my first official weekend in the world of reality. We headed out to Austin for my neice's 4th birthday party and I was exposed to the ugly underbelly that IS birthday party food. But, it could have been much worse. At least my in laws are pretty health conscious people. I ate banana and kiwi and a bit of chex mix and 2 mini pig in a blankets: one with white bread and one with wheat. Of course I had a little cake and a small scoop of Chocolate Covered Cherry Ice Cream too. But, I tried to remember PORTION SIZE!

While I can't account for how many calories I took in at the party, I was aware of what I ate for the rest of the day and recorded it down as usual. I have learned that CHICKFILA has an AWESOME website with a nutrion CALCULATOR that helps you quickly and easily assess all you eat there. VERY HELPFUL! KUDDOS FOR THEM! I also discovered Starbucks' new SKINNY LATTE line, and imagine my delight when I knew I could have Cinnamon Dolce Latte in the appropriately snappy cold weather and not feel TOO GUILTY for it. It's a beverage thats COMPLETELY DOABLE in my Calorie Budget.

PS - Friday, I weighed myself at school and I am down 2 more lbs. 7 lbs in 2 weeks! Yay!

Comments

Stephanie said…
Yeah - you are doing so good! I heard Brian even gave up Dr. Peppers...so now I know it is serious! Congrats! I am tracking my WW points again. Here is to being overweight no more!
crayonmommy said…
Yay! :) PS - I bought this GREAT Weight Watchers cookbook at B&N the other day. "5 Ingredients, 15 Minutes." Have you heard of it? I will have to let you borrow it. :)
Heather said…
Yay for you!!! I wish you still lived a mile away so we could work out in your living room again! Good times, good times...