I saw the "Snowflake" today.

I saw my 3rd baby today for the very first time today. Even though (s)he looks like a little jellybean with a heartbeat, it was beautiful and exciting all the same. Brian came with me, as he did for both the girls' official "film debut." He's such a good Daddy.

The official due date is December 29. That makes me exactly 8 weeks today. Because I have to have another c-section, they'll take the baby early, right before Christmas. I think it's an amazing time to have a little baby. Especially when its a time to remember that Jesus was a little baby once. No one expected Him to come like He did, but he came to save the world anyway.

And "Snowflake" is kinda the same way. No one, least of all me, expected this arrival. But, God knows what He is doing. I just have to remember that. I know snowflake is a silly name. It hardly ever snows at Christmas in Houston. But, maybe it will this year, who knows!?
I have come to expect the unexpected!

Comments

Heather said…
That is so cool! No matter how many times I see these pictures, I'm still amazed! Congrats girl! So I guess this means no surprise trip to New York this year!?
april said…
O how sweet ... but by the time that little snowflake (as you call it) gets here it will be a full blown snow(wo)man...
Anonymous said…
Snowflake seems appropriate. I think Snowflake will be a nice Christmas present AND tax deduction as well. Pick a good date, maybe the 21nd which is the Winter Solstice. Now that would be pretty nifty.

Thanks for posting the picture. Soon there will be another one telling you what the baby will be. Can't wait.
Kathryn said…
I cannot wait to meet Snowflake. B doesn't mind having a December birthday :)