The Snowflake... has a Candy cane?

Today was the exciting 20-week appointment for Brian and I. We went in knowing we'd have an ultrasound and hopefully find out the sex of our newest baby. And to be honest, this ultrasound was different than others in so many ways.

As we got into the ultrasound room, I became nervous about the health of our baby. I guess after seeing so many people have difficulty getting pregnant and having healthy children, I sometimes wonder if I am pushing my luck and that soon the luck will run out. (There was an actual point, about 5 minutes into the ultrasound that I was convinced our child had developed no legs. Yes, thanks R.I. you're rubbing off on me!) But then, the rational part of me realizes these are God's blessings in my life, and I couldn't do anything GOOD enough to actually EVER deserve them, so I am just going to receive these little blessings!

There was also a part of me that considered this "old hat."

We'll go in, they'll smear this goop on my tummy, we'll see that cute baby, then she'll say "It's a another girl!" and Brian will say, "It's another wedding!" But, today my little girl had something strange between her legs!!!! (Yes! Thank God, there are legs!)

I can't believe we are having a little boy!
And aside from the "obvious," look at his cute little profile!


After our appointment, Brian and I went across the street to eat a quick lunch at Wendy's. Near the end of his meal he took a big scoop of left-over frosty, dumped it into his chili cup and mixed together. "This is what boys do," he said. Yippee! I can't wait!

Comments

wow, make a "non-emotional" girl cry...im so happy for you guys...wow, what are you going to do with a boy?? Boys are GROSS!! they are unheard of in our family...mmmm...better start researching! haha
Kathryn said…
Congratulations! We are so excited :)
Hello, I am a friend of Hopping with Joy. I stop by your blog periodically and see what is going on, this is first time I have commented though. Congratulations on the little boy, I have 3 boys of my own and yes it is an adventure!!
Kahla said…
Congratulations on your healthy baby boy, boys are awesome! They keep you on your toes, make you laugh nonstop, and to them you are always the most special princess.
Stephanie said…
The boys are back in town!! Watch out sisters is what I say ;)
I am sure a boy will be so much fun!