Sisters are doing it for themselves.

My baby girl Ainslie hit two milestones this week. She started crawling and she cut her two bottom teeth! My fear is that she'll pass up crawling and start walking in a matter of weeks. She already tries to pull herself up on things and while in her pack n play. She also sometimes forgoes her knees and pulls her self up on her hands and feet while trying to get around. My Ainslie is SOME KINDA ACTIVE! She is all over the place and if she doesn't want to be held or strapped into a car seat, she will bow her back up, over and over again until you let her down or out. She is a busy little bee, that's for sure.

My Ella is "Miss Independent" all of the sudden. Everything she does, she wants to do ALONE, without any help from Mommy or Daddy. She wants to put on her own clothes, she wants to TRY to get her own food. Of course, she still needs me in attendance during potty time. She doesn't want me to do anything but WATCH, of course. That is one thing I wish she didn't want me there for. :)

In any other situation, I feel I would be a bit misty-eyed about their progress. I am proud, but a little sad. However the idea that another baby right around the corner makes it OK.

Comments

Kathryn said…
Yes, the fun has begun with Ainslie!!! Go girl, go! What I loved about when A started dressing herself were some of the ensemble choices - apparently I don't always know what goes with what :) Let me know if Ella thinks that too.