Big 3-0!

Well. I turned 30 today. My family and friends surprised me yesterday with a party at my FAVORITE place to eat, CARRABBAS!

Brian tricked me and told me he would take me yesterday AND today. Piggy, I know. But, I was gettin' jived on going twice! Blame it on pregnancy. Anyhoo -- I am happy to say that going once with friends and family is just as good as going twice (especially when your S.I.L. gives you her leftovers!) Hee heee hee. JK.

After a sleepover with Sam and the Bean last night, we headed to Ella's swim lessons today and then to the mall for lunch and a carousel ride. It was a nice, relaxed birthday, even if it was EXTREMELY hot!

My thoughts on being 30:
Having a birthday that ends in an "0" is a lot like attending a funeral. It really makes you think a lot about where you have been in your life, and where you are going. And A WHOLE lot has changed for me since my last "0" birthday. Meeting the love of my life, Marriage, College Graduation, "real" job, my puppy, My 2 babies, my 3rd pregnancy.... it seems like the meatiest part of my life has happened in the last 10 years: the get up and get going part. I can only imagine what the next 10 years will bring. I can only hope to be so blessed.

Comments

Kahla said…
Happy Birthday, sounds like a wonderful celebration!