Swim Lessons & VBS

Ella started swim lessons yesterday morning. She also began her week long VBS yesterday afternoon. While this all sounded AWESOME in theory a couple of weeks ago during planning, after two days in I have started to wonder why! :) The heat and hauling 2.5 babies is started to take its toll on me, and it only Tues!

Anyhoo -- some funny little stories from our experience so far.


Ella LOVES swim class! She learned how to blow bubbles in the water, and do the "cheese pizza." (You need to ask her to demo the next time you see her.) I didn't get to see everything up close, but I did overhear her telling her swim teacher Jenn that she couldn't put her face all the way under the water because it was to "sweaty." :) Ha ha ahha .... She did better today. After some coaching from Dad and a little pool side prayer with me before class, she did stick her whole face in the water -- once. Then, she told Jenn that was enough for today. She was too busy. After 10 minutes of class it started thundering and everyone had to get out of the pool. Ella did not take this well and started chanting RAIN RAIN GO AWAY! I guess she was expecting all the kids to join in.



Later that afternoon, we headed for VBS. Ella really had fun. There was assembly at the beginning where she sang and danced and saw puppets, then at the end they all came back to assembly to do it again. The first time, I sat with her in the pew at the front of the church. But, the last time, I let her sit by herself with her class. At one point, she decided to stand on the pew to dance. Her teacher told her to get down, so she did, but as soon as her teacher turned away, Ella tried to climb up on the pew again -- in swooped Mommy! I came the aisle and whispered in her ear, "NO MA'AM!" I am hoping this will set some sort of standard for Ella. That she will always think that I can see what she's doing and thinks twice before doing anything wrong. I can only hope. :) She was, of course, the tallest kid in her class, but she was very well behaved other than the pew incident. I think she's having fun. More later!


Ella and her Bucket of Treasures!

Comments

Kahla said…
Hey, we've had Ms. Jenn before for swim class and Chase LOVED her! We actually requested her this time, but didn't get her. I bet Ella will do great with her!
Stephanie said…
Sound like fun for sure! There is a fine line between over scheduling and complete boredom for kids! Sounds like you are doing a great job. I am still learning how to balance that as Bean wants to do something new and fun every day!
I love the stories! Keep 'em coming...So good to hear that she is enjoying everything...next thing you'll know she'll be off to summer camp! ahhhhhh