OINK! OINK! OINK!

In the dark on the way to work today, I spotted a trailer of black pigs in front of me.

"Look, El, can you see those pigs?"
"What pigs, Mom?" (yes, she calls me 'Mom' now. boo hoo....)
"The ones in front of us. See them, its dark, its hard to see them."

"OINK! OINK! OINK!" (at the top of her lungs.)

"What are you doing, El?"
"I'm talking to those pigs. I don't know why they don't look at me."
"It's because they can't hear you."
"Why, Mom?"
"Because the windows are up and its raining."
"Oh."

Our car turns left, the pigs turn right.

"Where are the pigs going, Mom?" Worrying about the truth of that answer I say, "I don't know."

"What is that smell, Mom?"
"A skunk."
"What is a skunk?"
"A black and white animal that sprays stinky stuff when they are scared."
"What is he scared of?"
"I don't know."
"It's probably the farmer."

I love 3 year olds.

Comments