Free Starbucks and the "Beautiful Hotdog."

I left work frantic today, worried that I'd have to wait in a sea of people for a gazillion hours just to vote. I got two surprises instead....

I rolled into Miss Carey's to pick up the girls, so I could drop them off at Mom's and go vote. Ella and Ainslie greeted me crankily, as neither had a nap today. (I guess they were on strike, much to Miss Carey's dismay.) As Carey tried to tell me about what happened during the day, Ella was trying to warily get my attention and started crying. As I asked what was wrong she mentioned something about a hotdog. Then, Carey realized what she was upset about. She walked over to the dinning room table and handed me this.


Yes, people, its the end of a hotdog. The end of a hotdog that Ella refused to eat, because she wanted to show it to me, she thought it was beautiful. (The plaid background is my pajama pants.) I love my artsy daughter, we are sensitive, kindred spirits.

After dropping the gals off at my Mom's and thinking I'd wait in a sea of people to vote, I walked in, NO WAITING and voted. WOO HOO! Then I rolled through the Starbucks drive thru for a FREE-post-voting-tall cup of coffee.

Amid the nice surprises, the bad news is, my girls are sick. Ella has a 102 fever tonight and Ainslie has lost her voice, which I am sure is associated with some time of ear drainage, so I guess it's a day at home for me tommorow. Boo!

Comments

Stephanie said…
I love me some free Starbucks....the hot dog thing is kinda weird!
What's funnier....that she saved the end of the hotdog to show you....or that YOU brought it home to show us!!!!

I love both you guys!!! Hotdog-end or not!