Just two drops...

I went for my last visit to the OB on Thursday. Before I left, my nurse practioner made a comment to me when I asked her about my placenta previa. "If you see EVEN just TWO drops of bright red blood, you need to come into Labor and Delivery and get them to look you over.

I heard these words in my head again at about 10:00 on Friday night. (My day of bedrest.) I got ready for bed, went to the bathroom and there they were, the two drops. I thought about ignoring it, because I didn't have any contractions, but I couldn't help it. I had to go in.

How was I to know that nearly an hour after midnight, I'd have my son to hold in my arms! I should have, seeing as he came without warning into my life, why would his entrance into the rest of the world me any different?

Finnian Patrick Moran was born at 12:49 am on Saturday, December 20. He is 8 lb 8 oz and 20.5 inches long. He has a sweet nature like his big sister Ella and looks like his other big sister Ainslie. Well, actually it looks like Brian's head with Ain's round face put on the bottom of it. I see a likening to Mr. Potatohead, myself -- but in a cute way!

Pictures will be here as soon as I can locate my cord that will download them from the computer to the laptop.

Thanks for all your prayers!

Comments

He's by fat the CUTEST mister potato head i've EVER seen! Love you guys!
Congratulations and welcome to the world Finnian. I love his name and can't wait to see pictures. A little boy just in time for Christmas, what a great gift.
Heather said…
Oh my GOSH! He's so precious! When can I see ya'll in PERSON?!