Ella has been diagnosed with Premature Andrenarche

Ella asked to have her picture taken with the cows in the TCH lobby. She loved the tutus!


Since this past summer Ella has been showing signs of puberty. Body odor, acne, mood swings and hair in places little girls shouldn't have at 3 1/2. At her 4 year check up (March) her Dr. referred her to a pediatric endocrinologist to screen her for Precocious Puberty . She decided Ella is displaying signs of Adrenal-related puberty. (Premature Andrenarche) Sometimes this is triggered by the adrenal glands too early for no reason at all, but sometimes its because of an adrenal gland disease. So she had blood work done and a bone scan to screen for that possibility. Her results will be back in about 2 weeks. If nothing progresses and she is healthy, she'll go back in 6 mo. for another check up. Ella did very well during her short time at Texas Children's. Brian and I decided that our family is very blessed to have relatively healthy children. We saw so many sick little ones, and heard of the 22 mo. old who had passed away there on Mon. from swine flu. Please pray for that family. You hear craziness all over the news and people joke about it, but it personalizes it when you meet nurses who are sad and heart broken about losing a patient.

Comments

Kahla said…
Sending lots of P&PT your way for a good report.
Kathryn said…
Keep us updated on the pending results. We are definitely praying for you guys!! Love the picture of Ella! I know what you mean about being thankful for health. I remember when I had Clay one of the ENT's I saw really thought my mouth pain was very likely bone cancer - of course 1 1/2 years later we found out it was just the root dying and a root canal didn't seem like such a big deal, right? I remember wondering if I would see my son turn 1. Anyhoo - I am about to see him turn 2 and am so thankful!!! sorry for the ramble :)