WHY OH, WHY OH, WHY?

Why is that when I feel bad about not recently discussing one of my children in my blog, they give me something to wrte about.

Ains is down bad. First it was pink eye at the end of last week. "You usually don't get pink eye unless you have some other infection in your body," says Miss Carey. It's almost as if she willed the impending infection into action like it was a challenge to the stupid virus. Sunday night came the trots, Monday night came the tossing. It's like this virus, or WHATEVER IT IS wants to take its time. Grrr... So, I am home today with her again and praying she recovers soon. Her poor little body is worn out and she is STILL not over the pink eye. Brian has to pin her down while I pry open her suprisingly strong eye lids to give her the medicine. I don't think she gets much in because by that point she is so angry, she has cried most of the medicine out. So, her eyes are still oozey and crusty and red. I feel so bad for her.

I took her to Walgreens to get some medicine and as we checked out, a guy behind me in line corrected his nearly-adult son for cussing in front of Ains. He was wearing a shiny, bright green Philadelphia Eagles jacket and huge glasses that made him look like he just stepped out of the early 80s, plus a large neck brace. It ooozed comic genious. Yes, he was classy... (I use the term "classy" because he seemed like the type of person that would use that word and he kinda reminded me a character from a mob movie, or Sopranos.) Despite his fashion choice and rough accent, it's nice to know there are decent people in the world.

Comments

Kathryn said…
Sorry about Ains being down, being sick is no fun. Praying for a quick recovery and a very happy Easter.
Kahla said…
Oh gosh, I certainly hope that she's feeling better!