The return of the blog....

Yes, I know. It's been forever. I am truly sorry and my only excuse is that I have 3 children and hold down a full-time job...where I care for.... more children. But, I am on hiatus now and hope to bring my blog up to date.

I found my solace tonight. My hiding place, my rock. But it isn't under the wings of Eagles or the house that was built on the rock. No, my refuge is my bathtub.
I don't douse myself in rich perfumes or expensive bath oils. In fact, what I use for bubbles doesn't even say "Bath & Body." Its says "Johnson & Johnson." The bubbles that fill my tub don't claim to sweep you off to an exotic tropical isle with the scent of blossoming plumeria or rich, sensuous musk. In fact, the only thing my bubbles can tout is that they are "tear free."

OK, so I am using baby shampoo for my "spa time," but, I can't be choosy about my small moment of luxury. I am "Mom," and right now, my time is not my own. (At least not before 10 pm.) So, I'll savor this little moment in my fortress of solitude before the next round of feeding, burping, changing, cleaning, playing, tickling, laughing and (most definitely) loving begins.

Comments

Stephanie said…
hey - those johnson and johnson people make some rockin products. Take what you can get - you deserve a break today....da da da...