Juggling Act

My first official juggling act as a MOTHER OF TWO was a disaster.
Ella came down with some sort of bug yesterday.

I was doing great -- decided to take the girls to Walmart and buy my FANTASTIC ELDEST some make up to wear for Halloween. Don't get appalled -- I know she's two, it was just glitter lipgloss and glitter to wear with her fairy costume. (Pics posted soon.)

I felt such ambition to go it alone because: 1.) I had no choice -- my husband is out every night of the week until 8 or 9 and 2.) I was on a natural high from the fact that my FANTASTIC ELDEST took her flu shot like a champ earlier that morning and even THANKED the nurses after they were done. She left my Dr.'s crew totally baffled as she walked out the door with lolipop and bubbles in hand.

The fact that I got out the door fully dressed with both children happy and quiet should have been enough to make me feel acomplished. Not to mention that I got out of the car and through the parking lot without loss of limb or abduction. Even the whole Walmart experience was smooth and I got through the check out fairly quickly. THAT should have been the sign that my luck was about to run out.

I was going to meet my parents at IHOP and as I put the girls back in the car, I realized that Ella felt warm and probably had a fever. I should have just gone home- but apparently, I am stupid. I drove to the IHOP parking lot and got Ella out, only to be thrown up on. :)

My poor FANTASTIC ELDEST was going down hill fast and the only thing I could rest assure in was the fact that my SLEEPY YOUNGEST was OUT like a light as I was frantically trying to clean off half-digested Mac n Cheese from mine and Ella's clothes. (Why is it ALWAYS the mac n cheese!?)

Thank goodness Brian decided to call it a night earlier than normal and came home to help out. I am not short of post natal hormones right now, and just the thought of my baby girl being sick, seeing her suffer was more than I could handle at the time.

At least she's better and can semi-enjoy her Halloween this year. Let's just PRAY that baby Ainslie doesn't get sick. I don't think I could handle that. I would surely fall apart.

Comments

Heather said…
Oh girl! That's really gross, I'm sorry. I would give anything to see Ella at the Dr. saying thank you to the nurses! Awesome!