Self Deprevation and Reward

If you deprive yourself enough, you'll be rewarded. Not too odd of a thought. Not to uncommon from the verse, "To live is Christ and to die is to gain." As a child I never understood that statement. It took a while for it all to click.

Sometimes depriving yourself of the things you "think" you love, makes you a better person. I am beginning to think that when I say I "love" food, it sounds a bit silly. Sure, there are things I really enjoy, but there are few foods that I "love." I can count on 1 hand how many foods have an emotional hold on me. The rest, are, (best to be described with a new term I am currently using) "not worth my calories."

My rewards have been nice so far, some natural -- weight loss, self respect and acceptance and an all-together healthier feeling inside and out, and some are not-so-natural: the cute little Starbucks Valentine's coffee mug I bought for myself for losing 10 lbs. :) ha ha hah .....

I know I won't ride this high for a long time and there will be moments of weakness, but I can say there is an overall feeling of strength and motivation that I haven't felt before. Most of the motivation coming from wanting to be an energetic and loving Mother who isn't too tired to do things with or FOR her children.

Either way, not only am I learning what I am capable of handling, or neglecting rather, I am feeling better and a whole 11.5 lbs lighter 1 month later.

Comments

MiMi said…
It shows and I am so proud of you. We all need to follow your plan. Not easy but with much rewards. Hugs MiMi