Long time, no blog...

Seems like the more things happen in your life, the less time you have to blog, even when you love to write. So I have about two seconds to tell you what's up in my life.

Ella turned 3 and had a fun DORA/BUILD A BEAR birthday party. (Oh yeah, I still need to write thank-yous!) I think she, her cousins and friend from daycare had a lot of fun. But honestly I could have saved all that Bear money and bought $50 in tokens on the carousel and I think they would have had just as much fun.

"The Battle of the Poo" continues as Ella has successfully #2'd in the potty about 4 times, but still doesn't like it and has to be practically forced to sit on a toilet for nearly hourS at a time (that's right, more than 1 hour) before something "comes out."

Brian had a birthday 3 days after Ella's. He battled the stomach flu last week -- so we went out to Outback 1 day after where I ran into my old HS drama teacher who I haven't seen in about 10 years. Amazing! She was in town from Louisiana where she now lives and works as a Speech Pathologist, to critic Conroe HS one act play. The theatre director there now was the assistant back at "Dear Old Humble High School" back when I went there.

Ainslie is talking to anyone who'll listen -- even herself. I finally saw her roll over with my own two eyes and she enjoys laughing at everything Ella does. The only person who enjoys it more would be Ella, who loves the attention, or ME, who enjoys the downtime.

And lastly, for my random writing of the day -- Sheila and I went to Subway during our conference time. As we were leaving, we drove by a boy (who looked to young to NOT be in school) with a dog/pig nose. I don't know if he was born that way or had an accident, but it looked so bad -- sort of like Quasi Moto or something. He gave us a wierd look and then sharply turned the riding lawn mower he was driving away from us. He jumped up and starting "surfing" on the back of it. All Sheila and I could say to that was, "East County, Yall." Cause we work in East Montgomery County and nothing is out of the ordinary in East County. Once a guy was on the front page of the Conroe Courier for getting pulled over and slapped with a DUI while driving his riding lawn mower with a ice cooler full of beer tied to the back. Apparently, riding lawn mowers are central part of the East County lifestyle. But where I work and the people who live there are a whole other blog....

Comments

Heather said…
Hahahah! Battle of the Poo! That was funny.
Kahla said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kahla said…
Glad to know we aren't the only ones going through Potty Training Boot Camp! Fun stuff, eh? Happy late birthday Ella, hope it was spectacular!
crayonmommy said…
who left a comment and then deleted it?