MEME

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was in school, majoring in one of the various majors I “went through” at the time. I was BIG TIME active in Church and working as a Nanny.

Favorite Snacks
Dell Dixie Dill Pickle Hamburger Slices
Rocky Road Ice Cream
Brownies
Chips, Salsa and Queso

To Do List
Sign Ella up for Swim lessons in the AM.
Finish Cleaning out the old house.
Completely move in to my new house.
Have a garage sale on Sat.
Get the old house ready for Rental.
Find a new daycare/babysitter.

Jobs I Have Had
Pappasito’s Hostess
Checker/Stocker at Media Play
Waitress
Nanny
Church Secretary
Youth Minister
Graphic Designer
Art/PE Teacher
Face Painter
Muralist

Places I Have Lived
Pasadena, Northshore, Humble, Spring, League City, The Woodlands, Conroe, ALL TEXAS!

Bad Habits
Procrastination
Picking at pimples – (If you’re gonna confess, Rhonda, so am I!)
Eating crap foods too much
Putting on makeup while driving
Talking too much

5 Random Things People May Not Know
1. I met my husband while working a part time stint as a face-painting elf at Christmas Time.
2. I sleep with the same baby pillow, “puffy pillow” that my Memaw made me when I was a baby, even though it smells like maple syrup. (Much to the disgust of my husband.)
3. I once got “revenge” on someone by pouring saline solution all over their retainer. (Not enough to harm, just enough to annoy. I know, I’m dumb.)
4. I have a Life “To Do” list. Some of the items include: Working as a Graphic Designer, Art Teacher, Photographer, Children’s Book Author. Donating my hair to Locks of Love. See the Grand Canyon. Go to Scotland.
5. I won Columbia University's Gold Circle Award for Editoral writing when I was in college. The article was about Crayola's 100th Anniversary in 2003. I also had a column in my college newspaper called "Written in Crayon." This all happened while I was serving as the paper's photographer. One day a reporter didn't get his article in on time, next thing you know, I have my own column. FUN!

CD's I Would Want If Stranded On An Island:
Tori Amos – Little Earthquakes
Billy Joel – all his CDs
Christopher Cross
Bread
Five for Fighting
Phillips Craig and Dean
Stephen Curtis Chapman

What I'd Do If I Were A Billionaire
Pay off my house/Debt
Pay off our grandparents and parent's houses/debt
Pay for as many IVFs as my SIL and Kahla wanted
Fund my sis’ business and build her a KICK BUTT KITCHEN!
Have more kids/adopt, then travel the world and teach them all kinds of cool stuff!
Build my own Art/Photography studio.
Donate to my home church, March of Dimes, Still Birth Research, Start a Campaign to bring down WALMART!

Comments

Stephanie said…
Hey I learned some fun stuff about you. I did not know about that college award - cool!
Kahla said…
Wow, an award and everything... Very impressive! Thanks for the IVF thoughts too - you are so sweet! If you get a chance, jump over to my blog, we have some BIG news on there! Hugs!
Jenny said…
I'm looking for Nina Mae Dorsey....can you help? I stumbled across your blog. My granddaddy keeps looking for his baby sister, "Nina Mae Thornton." Thanks, Jenny Thornton :)
gubynnej@aol.com
Liesl said…
Sorry for the comment out of the blue, but my dad and I were wondering about Dell Dixie pickles. Where do you buy them? I can't find them anywhere!