Back into the Swing of things.

This past week was a week-long stint of meetings and planning for Brian and I. We were fortunate enough to have my grandparents watch Ella and Ainslie until Thurs. Then, the girls we're taken to their new daycare for the first time on Friday.

I think they did pretty good. I warned Ms. Carey and Ms. Melissa that Ella might not be that enthusiastic about eating her first day. Sometimes it takes her a while to get used to a new environment, and she doesn't always eat so well. I called at lunchtime to check. After playing outside and jumping on the bounce house, she'd come in and had 2 hot dogs and a bowl of mac and cheese. I guess she felt pretty comfortable. ha ha Ha....

Ainslie did OK. She didn't eat or sleep that well all day, but I guess that is to be expected. It's good that both girls have kids their own age to play with, but unfortunate that Ainslie doesn't have the one-on-one attention she got used to this summer. But, I think she'll get into the swing of things eventually.

I didn't even worry too bad last Friday. I held each of the girls in my arms for a while that morning. Prayed for them to be safe, feel loved and have fun at their new daycare, and somehow that put me at peace.

What makes me full of unrest? The fact that my newly-turned 10 month old is full-fledged walking now. It's scary and funny all at the same time. I'll have to post pictures soon.

Comments

I am so thankful that things went well!