Bleeding Heart. Bleeding Nose?

As I was flipping through the channels this past weekend, I came upon "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer" on T.V.

"Stop here, Mommy. I want to watch this," Ella told me.

I was getting excited that she wanted to watch a great old holiday classic. We came in on the part where Rudolph is trying out the reindeer games for the first time. His nose was covered in black and he was talking funny. Then it started making that "woo woo" noise. The black part popped off and shone bright red. (We all know how this goes, right?) The other reindeer start making fun of him and even Santa gives him the cold shoulder.

"I don't want to watch this anymore, Mommy."
"Why, Ella? Don't worry, they are making fun of him, but he's OK, just watch."
"No, his nose is bleeding, I don't want to watch it anymore."
"Ella, his nose is shining like a light bulb. But, he's gonna help Santa, keep watching."
"Oh, no Mommy, his nose is bleeding. I don't want to watch it anymore."

Comments