Santa

My last day of work was last Thursday on "Polar Express Day." We all wear jammies, the kids get hot cocoa and watch Polar Express and Santa drops of school shirts to all the students.
My 2nd graders came in and I was peeking my head out the door to talk to an across the hall teacher.


"Raise your hand if you think Santa is dead!" a kid hollers. Little 7 year old hands shoot up all over my art room.


Grr! NO Bad mojo in MY ART ROOM!

Mrs. Moran: " You are upsetting me when you talk like that! SANTA is NOT DEAD, so quit even talking about it. If you don't believe in HIM, he won't believe in you." ( I wonder if I can get into trouble talking about Santa like I could if I talked about Jesus?)

This was my first year to be a Santa. My oldest is 3 and she is really getting into Santa's visit, the North poll and the nice and naughty list and all. Brian and I got to set up the living room after she went to bed. (I hope she never finds my blog after she learns to read, or I'm in trouble!) I can definitely say that although its exciting to be a child and wait for Santa, its even more fun to be Santa to your child. I can't explain it. It's amazing. To see their face light up when they open the toys they have wanted so much. One of Ella's was an aquaglobe. She's been asking for one for almost a whole year. It was the first commercial she saw that she actually asked for what was being advertised.

I guess the good thing is, that even though my kids will grow up and realize Santa is "living" through the spirit of people's giving, I hope they learn that Christ was born on Christmas and he still lives through God's giving. I pray that I instill that in them.

Comments