Questions about my boy.

Finn is growing. A lot. Not only is he developing physically,(he's a little less than 8 lbs. behind Ainslie and crawling and pulling up on everything!) he's growing emotionally too. I can tell because he is displaying somewhat of a temper about being able to grab and manipulate things as well as a developing sense of humor... For instance, he's grabbing and pounding on my laptop keyboard right now and when I try to stop him, he yells at me. If he's able to get away with it, he laughs. Oh boy!

I have been somewhat weepy about this situation with my son. It may be the fact Finn is getting bigger combined with the fact that my oldest is going to Pre-school this year. I'm not sure. I'm excited for her as she grows and learns,and in my heart I know Ella and Ainslie will always in some way be my babies. But, will Finn?

I was never raised around boys and all I see of mother/son relationships are those with grown adult men and their Mommas. What I notice is: the ones I know DON'T really hug or kiss their Mommas,( or not enough to my liking anyway.) With this thought in the back of my mind, I (almost over indulgently) kiss and love on Finn a million times a day

What if this is all I get? When do boys stop showing affection to their Mommas? When do they start being embarrassed of them? When will I pull away from kissing my son's cheek to find a disgusted eye-roll where a huge grin used to be? Am I one of THOSE mother's who ruin their son's romantic relationships because I feel like I should be the #1 woman in their son's life? MAYBE!

Comments

Heather said…
Those last few sentences seem very familiar! :o) I'm sure you won't be like THAT!
Kahla said…
Well I don't know. I think it really depends on the boy/personality and how that boy was raised. I have one older brother and even at 35 him and my mom are very close. There's never a phonecall that doesn't end with "I Love You" or a visit that doesn't end with hugs and a kiss. There's always joking, hugging, laughter, etc during visits. My husband is the same way with his mother). They are extremely close and affectionate. My mother and brother usually talk daily and Jeff and his mom every other day.

As or Chase, he's four and is just as affectionate (if not more) than my niece and other little girls we are around. He is extremely loving and caring. He is my protector and to him I am a princess. I think you'll will find that boys and girls are very different, but I wouldn't worry that your baby boy will grow up to no longer need you or be your baby. He always will be. :o)
crayonmommy said…
Thanks, Kahla. That is very sweet and makes me feel better! :)