Won't you take me to... MONKEY TOWN!?

I wish there was a way that I could type the following blog post and it would be as funny as it was in my car on the way home tonight. I know it couldn't possibly, but I'll attempt it.
On the way home from Target tonight, Ella starts humming the tune FUNKY TOWN. Then she sings the part that goes "Talk about it, talk about it, talk about it, talk about it," but instead of using the actual lyrics, she substitutes her own lyrics, not unlike most kids her age (or me throughout my entire life). In this instance her version goes, "Taco Bell, Taco Bell, Taco Bell, Taco Bell....
 Ainslie shouts, "I WANT TO GO TO TOWN!"
I ask, "You want to go to FUNKY TOWN?"
Ainslie replies, "YES! I WANNA GO TO MONKEY TOWN!"
Ella continues her song, "Won't you take me to Monkey town? Won't you take me to Monkey town? "Won't you take me to monkey town? Won't you take me to Mo-o-o-okey town? ... Taco Bell, Taco Bell, Taco Bell, Taco Bell!"
Ainslie keeps insisting a trip to "Monkey town" throughout Ella's increasing loud rendition of the song. She becomes very upset and five minutes later starts bawling uncontrollably because she realizes we are turning into our neighborhood and not MONKEY TOWN. It actually took me about 10 minutes to calm her down and explain that we can't go to Monkey town on a school night.
And that was the ride home!

Comments

Venie said…
LOL! This is Funny :)

Pls feel free to drop by my blog too:
http://venividivicy.blogspot.com/